The Cities expansion comes with 3 diplomacy tokens.
In each game there could be 4 (5 with Manneken Pis) ways to get a token:
- Age I City card: Residence
- Age II City card: Consulate
- Age III City card: Embassy
- Wonder: Petra
- side A: 1 token
- side B: 2 tokens
- (Wonder: Manneken Pis)
What happens when all three tokens are in use and now another token is needed?
- 4 players:
- Bob has wonder Petra (B)
- Alice has wonder Halicarnassus
- Susan (any wonder)
- Dave (any wonder)
- In Age III:
- Bob builds both wonder stages → 2 tokens (1 left)
- Alice builds a wonder stage and builds Residence from the discard pile → 1 token (0 left)
- Susan builds Embassy from her hand → 1 token needed
Does Susan get a virtual diplomacy token or not?