A while ago, I played this card game with a handful of my friends. We used regular poker cards. We started playing the games without being told the rules. The only thing we were told was that it was like UNO in that:
- You wanted to get rid of all your cards in your hand
- When it was your turn you can put a card down
- You put cards down corresponding to their suit and/or number.
Any time we did something wrong we were penalized with a card. The point of the game was to figure out the rules of the game, by seeing how everyone was penalized. At the end of the game, when someone won, that winner got to make up his own rules which would be added to the next game. The rules would not be announced and would have to figured out by everyone who didn't know the rules.
Here are some of the penalties that I remember:
- Being an idiot
- Asking about the rules
- Touching your cards in "Court of Order"
Here were some of the rules (that I remember):
- When a Jack was placed, the next card had to be the same suite.
- When a Queen was placed, you had to stand up and say "Hail the Queen"
I know there were more rules, but I can't remember them. I also can't remember the name of the game. I want to know what the normal default rules that you start out with, but I can't remember them all/I would like to introduce this game to some of my friends who haven't played it. I would Google it and get information online, but I can't remember the name of the game.
Does someone know the name of the game and/or some of the rules used in the beginning of the game?