I use to play diplomacy with my work mates, the good thing of this game is that we can play with long turns (36 hours) so anyone can play whenever they can, and the turn is resolved when the time passes or when everybody has declared their movements. We use http://webdiplomacy.net/ to manage the movements.
The bad thing of diplomacy is that the usual thing is that around mid-game some players are destroyed and they stop playing, having to wait till the end of the game (what can mean even weeks) to start playing again in a new game. Playing more than one game in parallel is not an option, we tried that and is a bit crazy, and requires much more time every day.
Do you know any game with similar turn-based rules but where the players can keep playing along the whole game?
UPDATE: After some discussion, more explicit requirements:
- All turns are played asynchronously (each player can choose all their actions for the turn at any time).
- All actions of each turn are played simultaneously.
- All players can play along the whole game (no player elimination).
Nice to have:
- During the turn time some type of negotiation is encouraged between players.
- Web version.
- Game for more than 4 players.
As an example, Diplomacy would fit with all requirements except the third one, and also with the nices to have.