I'm relatively new to deck building, but I have noticed that sometimes players name their decks. What are the things to consider when I come to name decks?
Here are a few things that I consider (specifically regarding MTG):
- It should bear some resemblance to what the deck does. Song of ice and fire would be relevant for a Red/Blue siren deck, but does not make sense for a ramping green deck.
- Some decks make reference to a card that the deck has been built around.
- You do not want to give too much about your deck away (disagrees with point 1 and 2). A name like Mill-ion cards in your graveyard really gives away that you will try and mill them, and may affect what they choose as an opening hand.
- Maybe a good middle-ground is if your opponent can see why you named your deck what you did after you have played.
- Clever names are more interesting and everyone loves a good pun, right?