In all of the Loyang I've played, about a dozen games, nobody has reached 20 points. Have you or someone you've played with reached 20 points? If so, what kind of strategy was used?
I've noticed the following traits among game-winning strategies in the 17-19 point range:
- Always pay 1 Cash to score 1 point at the end of each turn.
- Selling to high-end casual customers (payouts of 10 or 11) is the easiest way to get 20+ Cash in one turn. You can simply pick them up and hang onto them until you have enough regular customers to get the +2 Cash bonus.
- Get regular customers in the middle of the game. Regular customers must be acquired on or before Turn 6 to reach their max payout by game end (Turn 9.)
- Plant all empty private fields each turn to ensure an adequate supply of vegetables.
- In general, plant the most expensive vegetable each field allows.
- Buy a cheap two-pack (0 or 1 cash) every turn or have lots of market stalls for exchanging vegetables.
- In general, only take followers you intend to use immediately with the exception of game-changers like Squire. Stockpiling helpers for possible later use can end up being dead weight that makes those card picks a waste.
Which of these are also applicable to a 20-point strategy? What should be added to or removed from the above?