I have been playing Magic the Gathering off and on for several years now and I usually try to create my decks Standard compatible or at least Extended compatible although I hardly play any DCI sanctioned tournaments.
To mix things up I want to try playing an interesting Vintage Deck. It does not need to stand a chance in a real Vintage tournament because I will only play it at home with friends and family. I am looking for cool mechanics I can pull off that current Standard and Extended decks do not allow you to. I am currently playing decks with the following concepts:
- W artifact with Tempered Steel and Eldrazi Monument as finisher
- G Elves (Standard compatible)
- UB Infect (Standard compatible)
- R Burn (Standard compatible)
- RGW Creatures (Extended compatible)
- RB Bloodlust (Standard compatible)
What should I try for a vintage deck. The following conditions should be met:
- Different concept or key mechanics than my current decks.
- Rather cheap cards - Around 100$ for a solid deck would be OK, but less is preferred.
- Cards should be available at the well known second hand online platforms. Nothing ultra-rare please.
Most of my cards are from the current Standard format. But I don't mind buying older ones as long as they are not too expensive and accessible online.