I've heard of a few computer board game designers, such as Vassal, Cyberboard, and Zun Tzu. Which would work best for building a custom card game? Note, I am willing to use one I haven't heard of, so long as it meets my needs. Things of note include:
- I need 2 decks of cards
- Each player has their own private hand, but will have some cards in play in front of them that can be seen by all users.
- Each card will have several characteristics, basically several integers tied to the value of the card.
- I want this to work with Windows 7 and XP.
- It would be nice to play over a LAN or the internet, but this is not required.
- I would prefer to not have to have any graphics at this time, I want to just have some text labels on each card for the time being.
A few other things about me.
- I'm am intermediate Java programmer, with some knowledge of C and C++ as well. I know scripting languages like Python at an intermediate level as well.
- I would prefer to have something relatively easy, but this is not required.