A friend of mine spoke about a game with rules a little bit similar to Quoridor but different.
The rules are the following:
- you have a board constituted of squares
- each player has a pawn which he has to move until the opposite side
- each player has several walls consisting of two square pieces
- each move a player can either:
- move his pawn of one square
- place a wall to a position on the board but always let an escape route for the opponent: unlike Quoridor the walls are placed on the square rather than between them.
- the game is won when the pawn reaches the opposite side
I'm curious if you know the name of this game.