A strategic colony building game (2-5 players, about 90 minutes) where players build a Caribbean plantation and gain victory points for shipping goods back to the old world. The game revolves around the "variable phase order" mechanic where every player selects a general action to be taken by everyone while gaining a specific temporary privilege himself.
Players take turns choosing among the available roles - each granting a special privilege to the chooser and a general action to every player:
- Establishing a quarry to simplify building construction or a plantation to produce raw goods.
- Build a processing plant to produce refined (shippable) goods or a special building granting special abilities
- Bringing in colonists to man the plantations and buildings
- Producing goods
- Selling goods at the local market for gold
- Shipping goods to the old world for victory points