Several years ago I was at a friends house and he had this particular item.
It was a box full of simple components, a board, and rules for multiple games. The idea behind it was the components were given to several designers (4 or 5 I think), and they each created a game using the components in the box. I don't remember the name of it, or the names of any of the game designers.
Things I remember about the games:
- Some of the components were wooden pegs. The pegs were of various heights, and there were the same set of pegs for multiple colours (4 or 5?)
- One of the games was about (or a major component of it was) holding elections
- One of the games (I think) was about building stonehenge
- One of the games awarded the title "Mighty Beard" to the winner. I believe in this game each player was a druid
- The passage of Day and Night was relevant to some games. Things that were good at night were bad during the day, and vis versa.
- I think the board had circles of various sizes on it, with smaller circles inside the larger circles