I understand that Blackjack in Atlantic City casinos is regulated by the state and that they determine the rules of Blackjack that all the casinos must adhere to.
Specifically, I would like to know:
- Is the dealer required to stand on a soft 17?
- How many decks are used?
- Is the shoe normally played to the last card or is it shuffled before being empty?
- How many times can you split?
- Can you double down after splitting?
- Can you double down after splitting Aces?
- Can a split Ace be dealt more than one card?
- Does a split Ace and ten value card count as Blackjack or 21?
- If the dealer has Blackjack and you have 21 (but not Blackjack) do you lose the hand?
- What is the payout for Blackjack?
- Is insurance offered? How much does it cost?
- Is late or early surrender offered?
- What is the minimum bet per hand at the major Atlantic City casinos?
- By how much can you increase or decrease your bet between hands?