My partner has bid nil or blind nil. The player to my right led the trick, and I can't follow suit, but have one or more Spades in my hand.
- I know my partner has no Spades left.
- I know my partner has no card of the led suit left, but may have Spades.
- I don't know whether my partner has any Spades or led suit cards left.
- Play my lowest Spade. I know that this will allow my partner to get rid of any high cards.
- Play my highest Spade. My partner may have a Spade, so playing high will allow them to play their high spades to get rid of them.
- Play my highest Spade. My partner may have or may not have to follow suit, or may or may not have to play a Spade.
Is this a valid (i.e. good) strategy? How would additional knowledge of what cards have been played affect my strategy?