I remember playing this card game using a regular card deck but I don't remember the exact rules and also don't know what it's called. If it helps, I live in the Netherlands so it might not be known anywhere else. If the Dutch name of the game is known that would also be great.
This is what I remember.
- I think it must be played with at least 3 people, but the more the better I think.
- Everyone is dealt an amount of cards. (I don't remember what amount)
- The player whose turn it is lays down a card. Or multiple cards with the same rank.
- The next player should then put a higher card on the table and when there are multiple cards he should put the same number of cards that are all of the same rank and of course higher.
- At any time before the next player responds to some cards any other player may throw in a card of the same rank to make it harder for the player to beat it.
- I can't remember what exactly happens if you can't beat it. But I believe that it just meant that the player that won is able to lay down the next card(s) on the table to start a new chain.
- I also don't remember what the exact goal of the game was and when (if even) a player could draw new cards.
- I also believe the terms "attack" were used but I'm not 100% sure
Example with 4 players (as I remember it):
- player one lays down a 7.
- player two lays down a 8.
- before player three responds player one throws in another 8
- player three lays down two 10s. (to be able to beat two 8s)
- and so on
I can also imagine this is a game that has multiple rules variations. If anyone knows what this game is called and what the exact rules are , that would be great.