In an upcoming Legacy event near my residence, a friend of mine intends to play using an Hypergenesis deck.
However, recently we have a certain abundance of Containment Priests in our region. This creature makes things with Hypergenesis a bit messy, since it can severely cripple its combo.
I'm aware how Hypergenesis resolves triggered abilities. However, what is not clear to me is what happens in this scenario:
Player A casts Hypergenesis using cascade/suspend/whatever. Player B doesn't counter or respond to it.
- Player A puts an Admonition Angel on the table.
- Player B puts an Containment Priest on the table.
- Player A puts a random land on the table, lets say, a Mountain.
- Player B doesn't put anything on the table.
- Player A puts a random creature that doesn't trigger anything, like, let's say, Progenitus.
- Neither Player B or A puts anything else on the table, thus, Hypergenesis finishes resolving and is sent to the graveyard.
Now, what's the end result of the table, after Hypergenesis resolves?
- Does Containment Priest exile Progenitus?
- Does the Landfall ability of Admonition Angel trigger?
- Does Containment Priest exile anything at all during Hypergenesis?