I just opened my new Enchanted Echo starter deck and found two fairy energy cards bent in the box! These cards are completely unusable and buying this deck was primarily for getting the fairy energy cards! Im outraged! Is there any way that I can contact the Pokemon Trading Card company and file a formal complaint and maybe try for a refund, or do I need to talk to the store I bought it from? The cards were bent in the unopened packaging, so this is a defect. I can't find any information on the Pokemon Trading Card company though! Does anyone know where I should file my complaint?

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • Can pokemon be played with card sleeves? Jan 17, 2016 at 2:22

1 Answer 1


According to the Pokemon.com FAQ

My cards were ruined, can you replace them?

Company policy dictates that we only replace products damaged through manufacturer error. In addition, we do not keep inventory of individual cards here, and are unable to offer 'card for card' replacements. We recommend that you try to return your purchase to the retailer if your cards are damaged for any reason other than manufacturing error.

If you feel your cards were damaged or altered due to a manufacturing error please scan each card in question front and back and send in a ticket to [email protected] with your first and last name, your proof of purchase, your date of birth, and address.

  • that sucks. I definitely threw away my receipt. Thanks for the info. Jan 17, 2016 at 5:35
  • 4
    If you are friendly with your store they may be able to provide you with another copy of your proof of purchase.
    – LovesTha
    Jan 17, 2016 at 22:59

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .