The trapezohedron allows the investigator to discard the chosen monster on a roll of 5 or 6. Since discarding Epic Monsters is disallowed, would a 5 or 6 result in no action while a roll of 1-4 result in moving the monster to me?
The exact text on the card is:
Action: Choose 1 Monster on any space and role 1 die. On a 5 or 6, discard that Monster. On a 1-4, move that Monster to your space.
Epic Monsters are treated like Monsters for all effects except as described here:
- An Epic Monster cannot be defeated by any effect except losing Health equal to or greater than it's toughness. An Epic Monster cannot be discarded.
- An Epic Monster cannot be moved, except by an effect on its token or the component that spawned it.
- Epic Monsters are never placed in the Monster cup.
- When an Epic Monster is defeated, it is returned to the game box.
- “Monster” refers to a Monster and/or an Epic Monsters. “Non-Epic Monster” refers to a Monster but not an Epic Monster.
So no, the Shining Trapezohedron can not move the Epic Monster