You are playing the 6p Game of Thrones (2nd Ed) as Greyjoy.
At the end of the first round, everyone still has exactly 5 power tokens. At the start of the second, a bidding on the influence tracks occurs.
What is an optimal bidding strategy so that:
- you keep the Valyrian Steel Blade
- you get at least 4th place (one star) on the Messenger Raven
Obviously, it's not possible in worst case scenarios and there are a lot of variables. Still I'm interested in:
- game theory analysis (including or not what different houses find valuable)
- personal experience (statistics for the distribution of tokens in similar situations)
My current observations:
- Most people tend to find the Raven (or specifically the stars) most valuable and the Blade the least valuable
- The Blade is most valuable for house Greyjoy (at least early on)
- I've been put in a similar situation on a couple of occasions. I found that bidding 3 power tokens on the Blade and 2 on the Raven has left me still owning the Blade, but tied for 4th place for the Raven.