I bought this game in a small grocery store in Vietnam. I've asked several Vietnamese people of various age if they know the game. Usually, they knew the game but didn't know the rules.
My questions are:
- What is the name of this game?
- What are the rules of this mysterious game?
These are the photographs of the game itself. Perhaps they'll help you to identify the game and provide me with a set of rules.
The box is not big. It has some Vietnamese words on it:
- The title is: phát tài
- The text on the top of the box is: chính hiệu cao cáp; dề phòng giả mạo
- The words in the four octagons between two children on the side of the box are:
Content of the Box
There are ten matchboxes inside the main box - a half of them is green and the second half is red.
The Vietnamese words on the matchboxes are:
- phát tài on one side of the matchbox;
- thuận thiên on the other side;
- thuận thiên on the bottom.
Inside the matchbox
Every matchbox has 4 sets of 28 cards of different colors: green, red, white and yellow.
It is written phát tài on the back of every card.
Note: To view the images in a higher resolution, just remove the last
m character from the link to imgur. For example change http://i.stack.imgur.com/H1vKVm.jpg to http://i.stack.imgur.com/H1vKV.jpg.