Okay the scenario I'm thinking of is as follows:
- I control a Mindcrank, Duskmantle Guildmage and 3 untapped lands (2 swamps, 1 Island to be perdantic).
- In my opponents turn he casts a burn spell to kill my duskmantle.
- I activate his first ability in response.
The way I am hoping the following interactions will go is:
- Duskmantles ability will hit the stack at the top and resolve
- The burn spell resolves dealing its damage to Duskmantle
- The burn spell card hits the graveyard and triggers the infinite loop for duskmantle and mindcrank killing my opponent
- Duskmantle perishes
Is this the way that the stack would pan out? Do I win in this situation regardless of the stack being correct or not above? (I am not fully familiar with how the stack really works in magic) You can see the cards from my deck here.