This is a quite heavy article on the subject : http://sites.google.com/site/emidln/doomsdaystacks
It describes the uses of the card in competitive legacy play, with several "win now" stacks.
The idea is to float some mana, for instance 1U with this stack and Sensei Top (SDT) in play :
- Lion's Eye Diamond (LED)
- Lion's Eye Diamond
- Ill-Gotten Gains (IGG)
- Tendrils of Agony
How it Works:
- Tap SDT to draw into Brainstorm (1U floating).
- Play Brainstorm (1 floating) to draw into SDT, LED, LED. Put back 2 random cards.
- Play LED, LED, SDT. Break LEDs for UUU and BBB.
- Pay B to rearrange the top3 using SDT putting IGG on top.
- Tap SDT to draw into IGG.
- Play IGG (floating U) returning LED, LED, Brainstorm.
- Play LED, LED, Brainstorm (breaking both LED for BBBBBB) to draw SDT.
- Play SDT.
- Pay B to rearrange the top3 using SDT putting Tendrils of Agony on top.
- Tap SDT to draw Tendrils of Agony.
- Play Tendrils of Agony and kill with the storm triggers