In Magic: The Gathering, if when the stack has been fully resolved both players will have dropped to 0 life, is the game considered a draw? Or alternatively, does the player who reaches 0 life first lose and the other player wins?
Here's the situation that caused me to ask this question:
- I was playing a match where both my opponent and I were using Poison-Tip Archer. I had two of them on the field, my opponent had one.
- I was on 4 life, my opponent was on 7.
- I attacked with three 3/3 saproling tokens (I had a Tendershoot Dryad in play).
- All three were blocked, killing them all and one blocker.
- As the active player I ordered the stack so that the triggered abilities of my Archers resolved first. My opponent took 8 damage, but then if the stack was fully resolved I would take 4 damage, reducing us both to 0 life.
As you might imagine, I think I won but my opponent thinks it was a draw. Which one of us is correct?