I am designing a very simple board game, the intention is that it will be played by providing an AI script, rather than played directly (though you could play it.)
- 8x8 board
- each player has a single board piece
- pieces face in a direction (N / S / E / W)
At each turn players:
- optionally rotate their piece 90 degrees either direction
- take an action, one of
- move one tile in the direction faced
- shoot in the direction faced
When a player is 'shot', the other player wins.
The rules of this game are so simple I feel there must be a lot of other examples. Can someone point me to other similar example rulesets like this?