I want to be able to do the following chain of events, but am not sure if it's possible. Please help!
Setup. At start of turn I have Etrata, The Silencer on the battlefield with Grappling Hook equipped and a Strionic Resonator ready to fire. Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow is in the Command Zone. I move to combat and declare Etrata attacking an opponent with 3 creatures on the board.
- The damage goes through as First Strike damage and the Etrata trigger goes on the stack.
- In response, I activate Sakashima's Student (SS), returning Etrata to hand as part of the activation cost.
- With SS Ability on the Stack, I cast Flash.
- Flash resolves, and I put Etrata back on the battlefield, paying the extra UB.
- SS ability resolves, and he enters the battlefield as a copy of Etrata.
- The Etrata trigger resolves and exiles one of OP's creatures, but because the Etrata on the battlefield is not the same creature, it remains on the battlefield.
- Normal combat damage resolves. SS puts another Etrata trigger on the stack.
- In response, I activate Yuriko, returning SS to my hand, AND I activate Strionic Resonator, targeting the Etrata ability.
- These all resolve, I exile two more creatures and my opponent loses the game. SS is in my hand, and Etrata is back on the battlefield, ready to go again.
Right, so, apart from the implausible set-up, I'm concerned about that Step 5 assumes that I resolve SS's copy ability only as the SS Activated ability resolves, rather than when it goes on the stack. If I'm wrong, then my dream dies.