On Dusclops(Flashfire 39/106), on the moved cursed drop it says that i can put 4 damage counters on my opponent's pokemon in any way I like. What is the difference from saying this as in do 40 damage to your opponents pokemon?
- Is affected by Weakness and Resistance, unless specified otherwise
- Is affected by effects like "Whenever an attack does damage"
- Can be prevented by "prevent all damage"
- Can be reduced by "any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by XX", "divide that damage in half", etc.
- Is prevented by "prevents all effects...", since placing damage counters is an effect of an attack.
- And you can pretty much revert everything that applies to normal damage.
"Doing damage" may be prevented by e.g. abilities or trainer cards, or otherwise trigger conditions in them.
Placing damage counters will not be prevented this way, or trigger the same conditions.