I was recently playing various exit/escape board games, and was wondering if there is a proper name for the "solution wheels"?

Also, are there any common strategies, techniques or applications to create these?

Escape the Room - Mystery at Stargazer’s Manor
Exit: The Game - The Secret Lab


The proper name for this sort of encoder/decoder ring is a Cipher disk, but they are also commonly called Caesar or Cipher Wheels.

Generally speaking they are relatively easy to create using either a ruler, compass and protractor, or a template.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.