This is similar to a previous question of mine: Bodyguard vs Hunter
In this case, though, the problem comes about using the Defenderer role from One Night Ultimate Supervillain.
The rules for the role are that the Defenderer protects whoever they point to except in the case where the Defenderer herself has the most votes in which case the person she is pointing to is caught instead.
The situation we had was:
- The Defenderer pointed to another player, let's call him Player 1
- Player 1 received the most votes
- Because Player 1 was protected by the Defenderer, the player with the 2nd most votes is caught
- The player with the 2nd most votes is the Defenderer
I can see 3 possible ways of resolving this:
- The Defenderer is caught because she can only act in one way or the other, not both,
- Player 1 is caught because the Defenderer's only protects from being caught due to votes, not other abilities, or
- The player with the 3rd most votes is caught
Which of these options is correct?