Diplomacy question about resolving a difficult order set:
- French Fleet in Tyrrhenian Sea move to Ionian Sea
- French Fleet in Tunis support Tyrrhenian Sea moving to Ionian Sea
- Ottoman Fleet in Aegan Sea move to Ionian Sea
- Ottoman Fleet in Eastern Mediterranean Sea support Aegan Sea moving to Ionian Sea
- Ottoman Fleet in Ionian Sea move to Adriatic Sea
Ottoman Fleet in Ionian Sea fails to move to Adriatic Sea due to a non important reason.
Ionian Sea is attacked by French and Ottoman, both with a force of 2. If there was no unit, it would be a standoff.
But Ionian Sea is already occupied by an Ottoman Fleet which failed its movement, making the region defended only by one.
The Ottoman player can't dislodge its own fleet with its force 2 attack.
Does the French player, with its own force 2 attack, can?