Currently I have a mono-red deck built around the synergy of Chandra, Acolyte of Flame and Cavalcade of Calamity. I'd like to improve the deck but I don't have the deck building chops. Most of the good ideas in the deck were stolen from other versions of the deck that beat me up. The current deck list is:
- 4 Scorch Spitter
- 2 Shock
- 4 Cavalcade of Calamity
- 2 Chandra's Pyrohelix
- 1 Chandra's Regulator
- 1 Scorching Dragonfire
- 4 Chandra, Acolyte of Flame
- 4 Chandra's Spitfire
- 1 Leyline of Combustion
- 4 Scampering Scorcher
- 4 Torbran, Thane of Red Fell
- 2 Chandra's Flame Wave
- 1 Chandra, Awakened Inferno
- 1 Chandra, Flame's Fury
- 1 Embercleave
- 4 Dwarven Mine
- 20 Mountain
The break-out's shown in MTG Arena are:
Some things I've considered include:
- Replacing Chandra, Awakened Inferno and/or Chandra, Flame's Fury with Jaya, Venerated Firemage. The logic being she'd be quicker to get out and be a low level Torbran replacement and/or buff. My concern is I don't see her being ran on Arena. Plus I like the board clearing ability of Chandra, Awakened Inferno and Chandra's Flame Wave. I'm hesitant to keep Chandra's Flame Wave while dropping Chandra, Flame's Fury because I feel like I'm losing value.
- Replacing Scampering Scorcher with a goblin alternative like Legion Warboss, Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin, or Goblin Gathering. I like that these other options are cheaper but they are vulnerable to Chandra, Awakened Inferno's board wipe since they aren't elementals. On the other hand that can be a benefit when someone declares a protection from a type....
- Replacing Leyline of Combustion with something else. Most times it is kind of a dead draw unless I can put it out for free in my opening hand.
- Trying to work in some Grim Initiates but I don't know what I'd drop to include them.
- Adding Runaway Steam-Kin to the deck, but once again I don't know what I'd drop to include it. Maybe Leyline of Combustion??
How do you think I could improve the deck? The best answers will include details as to why they're making the suggestions they're making so I can improve my deck building skills.