With the base game, whenever you play a bird, it's final. However, with the expansions, there's options to create empty spaces on your board. What happens when you do this?
Imagine this scenario:
- play a regular bird
- play one of the "play this bird sideways so it covers to fields" birds
- play another regular bird
- play a bird that can be played on top of an existing bird, on top of the sideways bird
Now what happens?
- Do I get to pick which of the two fields the new bird goes in? Or must it be the left one?
- Do the birds to the right of it move inwards after playing it?
If they don't move in:
- can I play a new bird in the hole? (Or must I, even, when playing a bird on that row?)
- What happens when I take that action? Do I skip the hole? Do I start from the hole and skip the birds to the right? Do I resolve the action shown in the hole? (That last one seems too powerful, but you never know?)
- If I use a bird that moves when activated, does it go into the slot and become trapped, or does it go to the right-most opening?