I was using Flamebreak during the MTG pc game, and I had a 5/4 without flying. I used it, and the 5/4 died! Why? It says it only deals 3 dmg to non-flying creatures.
closed as unclear what you're asking by doppelgreener, ConMan, Michael Snook, Joe W, Toon Krijthe Jan 4 '16 at 5:34
Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
We can't tell why your creature died from the limited information you gave because Flamebreak alone would not have killed your creature.
- Maybe your creature's toughness was being buffed by the static ability of some other creature that died from Flamebreak.
- Maybe your creature already had damage marked on it.
- Maybe your creature received damage from something soon after Flamebreak.
- Maybe something debuffed your creature's toughness.
- Maybe something doubled the damage.
- Maybe ...