I'd like to do some statistical analysis on Catan games, but to do that I need data. Does anyone know of a place I can find empirical data on Catan play? The stronger the players, the better.
Awesome datasets include:
- Records of tournament play
- Log files from electronic Catan games, with preference for strong human play
Analyses I'd like to do include:
- Empirical win percentages as a function of seat
- Total resources-spent by the winning player, by type
- Final assets of winning player, including all settlements, cities, roads, and development cards
- Total quantity of trading by the winning player
Really, I'd be happy if I could perform even one of those analyses.
Also, I can code, and I was a quant at an energy trading firm, so I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty if necessary.