I currently have Fluxx and Zombie Fluxx, and I've noticed there are some differences:
- obviously, Zombie Fluxx is more centered around creepers.
- Zombie Fluxx is considerably less random. Less crazy things like X=X+1 and less weird rule cards.
- Since it's less random, Zombie Fluxx tends to have slighty more strategy.
- Zombie Fluxx can seem to have more of a 'point' to new players. With regular Fluxx I often find new players getting bored because the goals are so random, and there's little to no choices they can make that will affect the game. In Zombie Fluxx you can at least focus on getting rid of your zombies and improve your chances of winning most of the time.
- For some reason, Zombie Fluxx works a little better with large numbers of players.
Fluxx also seems to be one of the few games where all the sequels are 'better' than the original, at least with BGG rankings and my personal preference. As I said above, the expansions seems to have just a little more strategy and just a little less randomness.
Have you noticed any other general differences between the other Fluxx games that would be good to know before buying?